1. In the state of New Mexico, a person must be at least 18 years old in order to sign a contract. Therefore, interested persons who have not yet turned 18 must have an adult sign the contract on the behalf of the minor. The adult who signed the contract must be present to sign in for the reserved table and accepts full responsibility for any failure of the under-aged artist to comply with all convention rules, terms, agreements, copyright, local, and federal laws.
2. Due to the hotel catering contract, you may not make available any food or drink items to convention attendees. This includes offering food or candies to people. Doing so leads to a breach in contract and will result in immediate expulsion with no refund.
3. You cannot sell commercial produced or unlicensed anime or manga items. This includes the resale of manga, DVDs, clothing, plushies, figurines, etc. Fan art is allowed. Likewise, if you or one of your studio members is not the Artist of the work you sell, you may not sell that artwork.
4. Adult materials need to be covered or otherwise kept from the reach of minors. Purchase and handling of materials must involve an ID check. Adult materials may only be sold by adults who are of legal age and can provide proof; otherwise they will be unable to sell this merchandise and asked to remove it from the Exhibit Hall. If not removed upon request, then the offender(s) will be required to surrender their badge(s) and/or removed from the Exhibit Hall with no refund. Adult materials include all adult themed art and weaponry (fake or real). If it is found that you are selling to minors you will be removed immediately with no refund. Monkey Paw Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to require artists to remove items from public display if they are deemed unsuitable to the standards set by Monkey Paw Entertainment, Inc.
5. Do not place items in the walkways in front of or behind your table space. As the space behind you is designated for backdrops and your supply space, having people sitting in the walkway behind your tables interferes with traffic and of other artists trying to move in/out of their tables. If you are found blocking a walkway you will be given one warning. Subsequent occurrences will result in removal from the alley.
6. Please be considerate of other artists with displays, music, etc. Creative displays (easels, tablecloths, backdrops, and the like) are encouraged, but be certain that your display does not interfere with others' space. Music, videos, etc. should not disturb others.
7. Any structure brought to display artwork must be of sound construction. If any structure falls down, or appears unstable, the artist to whom it belongs will be asked to remove it by the Exhibit Hall staff. Failure to comply will result in the artist's removal from the Exhibit Hall.
8. Decorations, signs, banners, etc. may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, walls, painted surfaces, or columns in the exhibit hall.
9. The Sabaku Con Exhibit Hall is located in the designated Exhibit Hall space. Understand that no-one is allowed in the Exhibit Hall after hours. All needed items must be taken out before the Exhibit Hall closes. You will be granted periods of time prior to, and after, the operating hours of the Exhibit Hall for restocking and general table maintenance.
10. NO individual will be allowed to sell merchandise without an exhibitor or artist badge. Only individuals with Exhibit Hall badges are allowed behind tables within the Exhibit Hall. A maximum of three persons are allowed behind a table at any time. The only valid place of business during Sabaku Con is the contracted table(s). If you are found selling merchandise elsewhere than the contracted table(s) without the express, written consent of Monkey Paw Entertainment, Inc. you risk being declared in breach of contract. This will result in removal of all table privileges and removal from the convention with no refund.
11. Table(s) are not to be moved without the permission and aid of the Exhibit Hall staff. If a table needs to be moved for purposes of unloading, display set-up, etc, please inform a staff member before the convention. We will attempt to honor all reasonable requests.
12. You must remain at the table you are assigned to. You may not move to another table without written permission of the Exhibit Hall staff. We will endeavor to give table assignments ahead of time, to ease setup.
13. You may be moved to a different spot; we will attempt to contact you, but we cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience this may cause.
14. Any table swaps must be approved by both parties and the Vendor Hall Manager. Keep in mind that table swaps will not be reflected on any map or signs.
15. You may not tap into any wall outlets, power drops, or other forms of power found in the Exhibit Hall. If you are found stealing power you will be fined the price of leasing the power drop, and your use of the power will be terminated.
16. Please plan to be in attendance at your table for a reasonable amount of time. If you do not claim the space by 3:00 pm Saturday, and have not made contact with the Vendor Hall Manager to make
17. There are no refunds
18. Please follow all requests of Sabaku Con staff. Failure to do so may cause the loss of your table without refund. If there is a dispute with a staff request or you feel the need to have something explained further, please see the Vendor Hall Manager at con.
19. Monkey Paw Entertainment, Inc. cannot be held responsible for loss or damages to your property while at the con. Please keep an eye on your belongings, merchandise, and supplies. Be community minded and report any suspicious activity to Exhibit Hall staff.
20. You are allowed to leave your tables for breaks. We encourage these breaks to be no longer than 30 minutes, and it is recommended that you remove items of value when you leave. We respectfully suggest that you do not let anyone you do not know handle money at your table is your absence. If you feel you will be gone for more than 30 minutes, either bring along an accomplice (or two) to watch your space or you must arrange with the Exhibit Hall staff to sign out for the day. If you abandon your table for the day, shortly after the alley opens, without signing out, your table may be released to other artists. (IE: if you want to go to the masquerade and need to leave early, make arrangements and it will be fine. Alternatively, if you only show up for the first two hours each day, and someone wants your space, you may lose it.)
1. Vendor agrees that access to the Exhibit Hall outside of business hours is restricted to selected Sabaku Con staff and individuals wearing special Vendor badges. Vendor also acknowledges that no individual will be allowed to sell merchandise without a Vendor badge.
2. Vendor understands that the only place the Vendor is authorized to conduct business during Sabaku Con is at their contracted booth(s) inside the Exhibit Hall. Any sale of merchandise by the Vendor outside the Exhibit Hall without the express written consent of Sabaku Con shall be grounds to consider the Vendor in default of this Contract.
3. Rental fees shall not be refundable under any circumstances, excepting terms listed within this section and as are otherwise provided in this Contract.
4. Vendor must move into their assigned space in the Exhibit Hall at least 120 minutes before the stated opening of Sabaku Con to the public. In the event the Vendor fails to occupy the space, Sabaku Con shall have the right, without notice to Vendor, to use the unoccupied space to suit its own convenience, including renting said space to another Vendor without rebate or allowance due to the defaulting Vendor.
5. Sabaku Con assumes no responsibility for including the name of Vendor, or descriptions of its products or services, in the Sabaku Con Program Book, brochures, news releases, or other materials stated herein, and Vendor hereby irrevocably grants Sabaku Con the right to use its name, logo, and descriptions of Vendor’s products and services in any electronic or printed mediums used by Sabaku Con to promote Sabaku Con.
6. Vendors shall not sublet or assign any portion of their rented space in the Exhibit Hall without the prior written consent of Sabaku Con.
a. Vendor understands that it is required to clearly and openly state the identity and purpose of any organization assigning or subletting any portion of the rented space in the Vendor information section of this Contract. In addition, Vendor agrees to be responsible for all activities or actions of any party subletting or otherwise assigned the space by Vendor.
b. Sabaku Con reserves the right to disallow or demand the ejection of any subleasing or assigning organization from the Exhibit Hall without notice to Vendor.
7. Vendor shall be responsible for obtaining all documentation (licenses, permits, approvals, etc.) required by law, Sabaku Con, or the hotel, applicable to its activities at Sabaku Con. Failure to produce said documentation upon request by Sabaku Con, the hotel, or any other enforcement agency shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Vendor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
8. Vendor shall be responsible for collecting, reporting, and remitting New Mexico sales tax for any items or merchandise sold by Vendor at Sabaku Con, and agrees to indemnify and hold Sabaku Con harmless in any action arising from Vendor’s failure, to collect, report, and remit New Mexico sales tax for goods sold by Vendor at Sabaku Con.
9. If Vendor uses its own displays, Vendor agrees to be responsible for arranging and paying for all transfer and storage fees, all labor and equipment rental necessary to assemble and dismantle said display, and all costs related to moving said display in and out of the Exhibit Hall and the Sabaku Con site. All shipments by Vendor must be addressed as listed in the Hotel Vendor services packet.
10. Vendor shall provide receipts for any and all sales made by Vendor at Sabaku Con. Vendor understands that failure to provide a receipt with all sales will render inconclusive any accusations of retail theft made by Vendor against a suspected shoplifter, unless Vendor has some other means to mark a sale if a receipt is not given.
11. Vendor agrees that the sale of all weapons will be restricted to persons of age 18 or older and that they are responsible for verification of age before any sale or handling. Vendor also agrees to wrap the sold item securely and will notify purchaser that they must take any weapons directly to their hotel room or vehicle, upon exit of the Exhibit Hall. Sabaku Con reserves the right to ban or restrict the sale of weapons or weapon-like merchandise at any time during Sabaku Con. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate expulsion of the offending Vendor from the Exhibit Hall.
12. Vendor agrees that the handling, viewing, and sale of adult-themed merchandise will be restricted to persons of age 18 or older and that they are responsible for verification of age before any sale. Vendor also agrees to bag/package said merchandise in an opaque bag upon sale. In addition, adult-themed merchandise must be displayed in a manner that restricts access from the general public.
a. Sabaku Con reserves the right to ban or restrict the sale of adult-themed merchandise at any time during Sabaku Con. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate expulsion of the offending Vendor from the Exhibit Hall.
13. Vendor agrees to fully disclose all merchandise types on the Exhibit Space Application and understands that Vendor’s failure to disclose restricted item types (weapons, weapon reproductions, or adult-themed merchandise) on the Exhibit Space Application will result in Vendor not being permitted to sell those items at Sabaku Con
14. Vendor agrees that all demonstrations, displays, and all other Vendor-sponsored activities will be confined to the limits of Vendor’s booth. Aisles may not be obstructed at any time, nor are there to be any activities that may result in congestion of aisle traffic.
15. Vendor understands that no mechanical, electrical, or other apparatus will be allowed to create noise or otherwise interfere with other exhibitors in any way as solely determined by Sabaku Con Failure of Vendor to regulate such apparatuses when so asked by Sabaku Con will result in Vendor being ejected from the Exhibit Hall.
16. Vendor understands that no-one is allowed in the Exhibit Hall after hours. All needed items must be taken out with the Vendor before the Exhibit Hall closes. Vendor will be granted periods of time prior to, and after, the operating hours of the Exhibit Hall for restocking and general booth maintenance.
17. Sabaku Con reserves the right to require Vendor to remove items from public display and or sale if they are deemed unsuitable to the standards set by Sabaku Con
18. Sabaku Con reserves the right to refuse to rent booths to Vendor. In the event that this occurs, Vendor will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the first day of Sabaku Con, and is entitled to a full refund of the rental fee.
19. Sabaku Con reserves the right to rearrange booth and Vendor locations within the Exhibit Hall at the discretion of Sabaku Con’s decisions regarding Vendor’s space shall be final and binding.
20. Vendor recognizes that ultimate approval of any and all displays or merchandise is subject to Sabaku Con discretion, and any decisions so rendered are binding and final.
21. Vendor recognizes that beyond this Contract, all memberships to Sabaku Con, regardless of status (attendee or Vendor), are subject to the listed rules and regulations governing attendance and membership of Sabaku Con (see website for list of attendee rules and regulations).
22. Vendor agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold Sabaku Con, the Hotel, and their officers, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives, harmless from any and all claims of any nature, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), personal injury, death, and/or any other claims arising from or related to any act or omission by the Vendor or his/her property, agents, representatives or employees in contravention of its obligations under this Contract or any applicable law governing Vendor’s activities at the Sabaku Con.
23. Vendor agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold Sabaku Con its officers, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives, harmless in case of theft of the Vendor's property both during business hours and after hours.
1. Vendor understands that in the event that Sabaku Con or Hotel shall be held liable for any reason that might result from Vendor's action or failure to act, said Vendor agrees to reimburse Sabaku Con and/or Hotel for all costs and liability resulting therefrom, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Sabaku Con reserves the right to close Vendor's exhibit whenever it is deemed necessary by Sabaku Inc. for the safety or comfort of those attending Sabaku Con; whenever Vendor's exhibit, activity, or material sold is determined by Sabaku Con objectionable or offensive to the average person attending Sabaku Con; whenever legal conditions, convention policies, or requirement of Hotel so dictate; and whenever portions of the Hotel are destroyed or damaged. Likewise, Sabaku Con reserves the right to cancel arrangements, contracts, or exhibits if Sabaku Con fails to take place as scheduled, is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the premises is prevented or interfered with by reason of any strike, lock out, act of war, act of god, emergency declared by a government agency, or Sabaku Con Event Management, or for any other reason that terminates this Contract. In the event of such termination, Vendor agrees to waive all claims of damages and agrees that the sole liability of Sabaku Con shall be the displace space rental fee paid, less a pro rata portion of all costs and expenses incurred and committed to, by Monkey Paw Entertainment, Inc.
24. No course of dealing or failure of any party to enforce strictly any term of this Contract shall be construed as a waiver of such term, or shall deprive the party of the right thereafter to strictly enforce such term.
25. If any part of this Contract is held unenforceable or invalid or prohibited under law, it shall be stricken from this Contract and shall not affect the enforceability of the other parts of this Contract.
26. The submitted Exhibitor Application, by this reference, is hereby incorporated in and made a part of this Contract.
27. This Contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico.
a. Vendor agrees that all matters and questions not covered by this Contract are subject to the discretion of Sabaku Con and/or the Sabaku Con Event Management. Vendor agrees to abide by, and conform to, all additional rules and regulations as are adopted or prescribed by Sabaku Con from time to time for the management of Sabaku Con and the Exhibit Hall. Vendor acknowledges that it has read this Contract, and expressly agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Vendor’s failure to read this Contract prior to submitting shall constitute grounds for default. Vendor acknowledges the right of Sabaku Con to revoke this Contract in the event Vendor is found in default of any terms or conditions set forth herein. In the event of default by Vendor, Sabaku Con may do any or all of the following: a) Provide a prorated refund of the cost of the booth(s) and/or “Vendor” badges. b) Require the Vendor to remove any and all merchandise from his/her booth(s). c) Confiscate any “Vendor” badges issued to the Vendor. d) Deem any "Vendor" badges issued to that Vendor to be null and void. e) Ban the Vendor from any other events sponsored by Sabaku Con.